Frequently Asked Questions
and the answers to help you...
- Why is this called "AnyCoastGuardsman.com"?
- How does this work?
- About our "Contacts"
- Address Changed?
- Are care packages tax deductible?
- Can I do a collection drive? Any suggestions?
- Can I email the Coast Guardsmen?
- Can I get more addresses?
- Can I just mail to "Any Soldier"?
- Can I send homemade cookies/cakes/anything? I make the best in the world!
- Can I just send letters? How do I and what should I say?
- Can I use this site to complete OUR project?
- Can you send me the names of Coast Guardsmen who want to get mail?
- Can't use "Any Soldier"?
- Customs Forms?
- Do I get a tax deduction for the money I spend supporting the troops?
- Does this include Reserve and National Guard units?
- Doesn't the government give the Coast Guardsmen everything they need?
- Don't Mix Food and Non-Food Contents!
- Flat Rate? The cheapest way?
- For Scouts:
- For Teachers:
- Forwarding? (How to and why it might not work)
- How do I address the packages?
- How do I add my unit to your site (or my son's/daughter's/husband's/wife's unit)?
- How do I understand Military Time?
- How much do I have to donate?
- Insured and Registered?
- I requested addresses and they never arrived...what happened?
- I spend tons of money supporting the troops!! Why should I donate to Any Soldier Inc.??
- Isn't it illegal to send mail to "Any Coast Guardsman"?
- Is this site current?
- Is this site only for Americans?
- Is this site supported by the Democratic, Republican, or other party?
- Just Letters?
- Large Mailings?
- Lost mail? Send an e-mail to the military
- My company, school, church, etc. organized hundreds of boxes. How do we send these?
- My Contact disappeared from the list! What happened??
- Need more addresses?
- Overview well worth the read.
- Returned (Bounced) Packages?
- Want a Reply?
- Want Us to pick a Contact for you?
- Well, the clerk at my post office said...
- What about phone cards?
- What are the links in the Where to Send page?
- What are the Military Ranks?
- What are "Updates"?
- What can't I send?
- What does 'DOD' or 'BN' or other acronym mean?
- What is better, one big box or a bunch of little ones?
- What is the most critical or best thing I can send?
- Why are you not listed on "AmericaSupportsYou.mil" web site?
- Why didn't you answer my email?
- Why don't you have more units listed?
- Why is there a limit on the number of addresses we can get?
- Why not have a registration service?
- Why not work with (fill in the blank) Company for a better deal?
- Will I get a thank you from the Coast Guardsman that gets my package?
(Click HERE to return to top of page)
(Note: If you are having trouble with the numbering on this page, and have Internet Explorer (IE 10 or better), then it is a CRM issue that is fixable. Click HERE.
In Short, click on the "Tools" menu at the top of your browser, then "Compatibility View Settings" and add "AnySoldier.com" to the list.)